The food you eat plays a huge role in your energy levels, so in addition to getting regular exercise, be sure to fuel your body with whole foods throughout the day to keep your energy levels up and maintained.
Energizing Power Balls
This Energizing Power Ball recipe is a great way to fuel your body pre-workout or to give you a mid afternoon energy boost.
What You Need –
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of nut butter (use sunflower, pumpkin seed or hemp butter for a nut-free option)
- ¼ cup of unpasteurized honey or pure maple syrup
- ½ cup of hemp hearts or chia seeds
Optional additions: add a handful of chopped dried fruit and/or unsweetened shredded coconut
Putting It Together –
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Roll dough into balls, approximately the size of 1 Tbsp.
- Chill and enjoy; place a few in the freezer and enjoy them frozen for a slightly different taste experience!