Why not try an cup of warm, comforting tea right before bed – every little bit helps, right?
Here’s an easy Do-It-Yourself Sleepytime Herbal Tea Blend recipe you can make in batches.
DIY Sleepytime Herbal Tea Blend
What You Need –
- 3 parts dried chamomile
- 2 parts each: dried peppermint and dried lemon balm
- 1 part each: dried lavender and dried passionflower
- 1/4 part valerian root (it is important to only add this much valerian root)
- Fresh, filtered water
Putting It Together –
- While heating water on the stove or in an electric kettle (up to 160 degrees F is optimal for herbal tea), lightly mix herbs together in a bowl.
- Place up to 1 Tb of herbal tea mixture into a tea infuser ball.
- Place infuser into your fave mug, and fill it with hot, but not boiled water.
- Let your tea steep for up to 5 minutes (but at least 2 mins) before removing the infuser ball.
Save any extra dry tea blend in an airtight container, and store it in a cool, dark, dry place. Will keep fresh for several weeks.
Enjoy your cup of warm DIY Sleepytime Tea, and get more quality zzz’s!