Broccoli, Pepper, Turmeric: Anti-inflammatory Quinoa
This recipe is for 2 servings.
What You Need –
- ¾ cup dry quinoa (pre-rinsed)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil1 medium onion, diced1 bell pepper, chopped1 dash salt½ tbsp turmeric1 dash black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
Putting It Together –
- In a saucepan place 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the quinoa and simmer until the water is absorbed (about 10-15 minutes).
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet. Add diced onions, turmeric, pepper and salt, and lightly sauté for a few minutes.
- Add broccoli and lightly sauté for 5-6 minutes, until it becomes softened.
- Add the cooked quinoa and stir everything together.
Serve & enjoy!
Option: Add some cayenne pepper or curry spice for an extra spicy kick.