I am a little obsessed with tea recipes, and I wanted to share this tea recipe with you.
It’s perfect for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up because of the caffeine in the green tea.
Plus, you can feel great about drinking it because of all the anti-inflammatory benefits.
But that’s not why I like it so much. I actually love it because of its refreshing sweet/sour/spicy taste combo that you can customize to suit your mood.
This recipe originally called for fresh ginger and turmeric but if you don’t have any, you also can use powdered. It’s usually made with lime but if you don’t have any, no worries! Skip the fruit, use another citrus, or even experiment with some frozen berries.
Tip: double or triple this so you can have some ready to grab a couple days in a row.
Golden Iced Tonic
This recipe is for 2 servings. Adjust accordingly if you want more.
What You Need –
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 bag of green tea
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, or ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger OR ¾ tsp dried ginger
- 1 tbsp grated fresh turmeric, or 1 tsp dried turmeric
- ½ tbsp honey honey, preferably manuka
- ½ tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup (250 ml) sparkling water
- (OPTIONAL: Lime/lemon/orange wedges or frozen berries)
Putting It Together –
- Pour the water in a small saucepan and place on medium heat. Warm to almost a boil, and stir in the tea, spices, honey and vinegar. Turn the heat to low and let the mixture steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain through cheesecloth or a mesh strainer into a glass container.
- Another option is to pour the liquid into a French press and press the tea and spices to the bottom. Refrigerate liquid for at least an hour.
- To serve, add the sparkling water and ice cubes, with optional citrus wedges or berries.
Play around with the ingredients to make it the way you like it. Hope you enjoy it!
Make your day an amazing day,
CEO & Chief Medical Exercise Specialist @ the Other Pain Clinic Inc
I’ve got a few spots available for habit mapping session this week! If you’d like some help figuring out the best route to results, let’s talk! Just email me and I’ll get back to you ASAP with the details!