Tapping into ALL of your senses is a great way to be fully present while eating – because it isn’t just about taste.
There are so many things to experience when we eat food — colours, textures, smells and even sounds. Let’s put this concept to the test!
Here is a Spring Challenge for you, called …
The Mindful Raisin Challenge
What You Need –
- 3 plump, juicy raisins
How to eat raisins…mindfully –
With raisins in hand, begin to explore them with all of your senses.
Imagine that you’ve never seen a raisin before.
Discover everything you can about them!
- Turn them around with your fingers and take note of the colours.
- Observe the texture – any softness, hardness, coarseness, or smoothness.
- Put the raisins up to your nose and take note of any aroma.
- Place the your raisins close to one ear, squeeze them or roll them around, listening to any sounds.
- Now…the really fun part! Slowly put the 3 raisins in your mouth, noticing the sensation of your mouth beginning to water as you start to chew them.
- Chew the raisins slowly and with intention until they are virtually disintegrated.
- When you feel ready to swallow, note the sensations of swallowing the raisin – for example, sensing it moving down your throat and into your esophagus on its way to your stomach.
- Visualize this happening, and the energy and nourishment that this intentional eating is going to provide your body.
- Take a moment to congratulate yourself for taking this time to experience truly mindful eating!
- Take a moment to congratulate yourself 🙂 for taking this time to experience truly mindful eating!