I hope your week is off to a great start! I’ve got an amazing recipe for you today that will make it even better! 🙂
Have you checked out the edible cookie dough trend yet?
Some of the recipes and mixes out there are DELICIOUS! That said, some recipes may also contain some questionable ingredients, a ton of hidden sugar, and many also include hard-to-find specialty items.
But not the recipe I am going to share with you today!
It’s fast, easy, and you might already have everything you need to make it right in your pantry. It’s also gluten-free and can easily be vegan.
TIP: Getting the skins off the chickpeas will make a big difference in the texture. It’s a little tedious but it’s worth it.
- A quick method – rinse them in a colander, then spread them out on 1-2 layers of paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
- Place some paper towels over them and rub them back and forth vigorously. The peels should start to come off. Rinse and repeat!
Healthy-ish Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
PB Chocolate Chip Edible Cookie Dough
This makes about 2 cups/16 servings
What You Need –
- 1 can (15.5 oz/440 grams) unsalted chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and peeled
- 1 cup (255 grams) peanut or nut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 oz (115 grams) dark chocolate chips (at least 70% cacao)
- OPTIONAL — 2-3 tbsp melted dark chocolate
Putting It Together –
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is smooth and well-blended.
- If you’re using the melted chocolate, blend it in, and then stir in the chocolate chips. Taste and adjust sweetness.
- Scrape the batter into a jar or covered container and enjoy! (Tip: store this in the refrigerator – it’s extra-yummy when it’s cold.)
You could make this for yourself or your family … OR you can put them in nice glass jars with some fun ribbon and give them out as holiday gifts!
CEO & Chief Medical Exercise Specialist at the Other Pain Clinic Inc™
PS: A quick reminder . . .
You know, it’s absolutely amazing how ONE SMALL CHANGE can have such a MAJOR IMPACT on your body … not only today, but for years to come!
That’s why I created the free Sugar Detox 2021 Challenge. It’s a 5-day program you can use to reduce and repair from the sugar from your nutrition and the holidays, and by the way, add energy & vitality to your life! It’s all yours as my New Year’s gift to YOU, for being such a loyal reader on my website blogs.