Have you ever had a chopped salad before? They are the BEST!
Because everything is chopped up into tiny portions, you get deliciousness in every bite and that makes them a nutritious food, be it a lunch or even supper to look forward to.
As an added bonus, because of all that chopped goodness, they require less dressing than most other salads, which is perfect if you have a being healthier transformation goal.
TIP: taking the time to really chop up those ingredients before you put them in the salad bowl pays off!
Feel free to customize this salad recipe to suit your own tastes. In this recipe, you will see the addition of chopped grilled chicken. For a protein source, you can also opt for chopped extra-firm tofu, or stirring in 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
Greek Chopped Salad
This recipe makes 4 servings
What You Need For The Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp fresh black pepper
What You Need For The Salad:
- 4 oz (112 grams) roasted red peppers, chopped finely (about the same as 1 red pepper)
- 4 cups (170 grams) romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 small cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup (150 grams) grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) (425 grams) can salt-free cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup (30 grams) feta or goat cheese, crumbled
Your protein options:
- 8 oz. (225 grams) chopped grilled chicken,
- 1 cup (215 grams) chopped or shredded tofu,
- 1 cup (185 grams) cooked quinoa)
Putting It All Together:
In a large salad bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
Next, add all of the salad ingredients EXCEPT the feta cheese, and stir to incorporate the dressing. Top with feta and enjoy!
Hope you love it!
Make your day an amazing day,
CEO & Chief Medical Exercise Specialist at the Other Pain Clinic Inc™
PS: Yes, the first month of the new year is almost over, so how are you doing with making ONE small nutrition change that can have such as positive impact for your overall health?
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to reduce the inflammatory processed sugary foods from your nutrition in 5 days, so you can add energy to your day, feel better and healthier too!
Oh, by the way, this is my GIFT New Year Gift to you, so if you want to do this for the next 5 days, send me an email today, as I am taking only the first 5 people to respond.