You Can Thank Me Later For This Recipe! 🙂
I’ve seen what’s happening on social media during this time and I have photo evidence!
We are spending more time in the kitchen cooking up goodies these days.
Which is fantastic, since we’re all reconnecting with a time-honored tradition of preparing our foods and nourishing our bodies. And we’re also re-learning just how good homemade food can be!
However, if you are stuck at “what-to-make-for-a-good-dessert” … and yes, let’s be honest.
Do you really need an entire layer cake or a big pan of brownies on the kitchen counter, tempting you every time you see it? (I know I don’t!)
I’ve got a fast & easy recipe for you today that’s a little unusual for me to share since it’s basically just CAKE but …
- This recipe makes just 1 good-sized serving or 2 small servings. Fewer temptations!
- Thanks to the oats, it contains fiber (use gluten-free oats if possible).
- Although the original calls for peanut butter, you can use any kind of nut butter you want. Almond or walnut butter have more healthy fats than PB. 🙂
- You can sub out all or part of the nut butter for mashed ripe banana or canned pumpkin if you want.
BONUS: This will let you cut back on the sugar a bit if you want. Taste the batter and adjust!
Chocolate-PB Mug Cake
(makes 1 big or 2 small servings)
What You Need –
- 3 tbsp oats
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 3 tbsp milk of choice (almond, oat, etc.)
- 1½ tbsp cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sweetener (coconut sugar, etc.)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
Putting It Together –
- Use baking oil spray, or a light coating of olive/coconut oil, on the inside of a mug to prepare it for baking. Set aside.
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and blend until they turn into a flour, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, warm the nut butter and milk and then stir until most of the clumps are dissolved. Add the rest of the ingredients (including the oat flour) to the bowl, and pour the batter into your mug. Microwave 45-60 seconds.
Let Cool And Enjoy!
You can eat this straight from the mug, or run a butter knife around the edges and “pop” it out of the mug.
When it comes to baking and making snacks, one-serving recipes are a lifesaver! You can enjoy it and then it’s gone, no longer luring you back into the kitchen for more.
Remember – I am here for you to help you reach your goals!
I am have a FREE Dining Out (Again) Guide available, regardless of the type of cuisine that you eat, available until the end of this month. If you want your FREE copy, just let me know by clicking here to send me an email.
Make your day an amazing day,
CEO & Chief Medical Exercise Specialist @ the Other Pain Clinic Inc.™