From the last blog post regards #diabetes, I reviewed a few nutrition and lifestyle approaches you can take to help keep your blood sugar stable:
- Minimizing excessive carbs
- Eating more fiber
- Reducing stress
- Improving sleep
All of these, even if done in small increments are a key to having stable blood sugar (and overall good health).
Here is something that you can also enjoy: a blood sugar balancing recipe for a dessert.
This recipe is good for 4 servings.
What You Need –
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Putting It Together –
- Place chopped apples into a small saucepan with 2 tbsp water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. After about 5 minutes the apples will become slightly soft, and water will be absorbed.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Stir apples and oil together.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Add cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Cook for another few minutes, stirring until the apples reach your desired softness!
Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Keeping the peel on increases the fiber, which is even better for stabilizing your blood sugar.