Oh, I’ve got a craving-buster recipe for you to use this week, maybe even tomorrow!
Although this is a breakfast recipe,it is versatile and great for any time of the day.
. . . because it not only tastes great but has plenty of protein and fiber in it – which means it’s going to keep you feeling full and satisfied for hours.
A Recipe Option For You
You can swap out the feta for goat cheese if you don’t like feta. If you do opt for feta, check the label to make sure it’s made from sheep’s or goat’s milk (or a combo) – it’s delicious!
The Craving Busting Recipe
Mexican Breakfast Scramble
This recipe will make 4 servings, adjust if you are serving for more 🙂
What You Need . . .
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 big handfuls of spinach or kale
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 8 eggs, whisked
- Splash of water (1-2 tsp)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Sliced avocado (optional)
Putting It Together . . .
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When it’s hot, add the pinto beans, and cook until heated.
- Add the spinach and lime juice, stirring until the greens are beginning to wilt, and add 1-2 dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
- While the beans are cooking, crack the eggs into a bowl and add the water, whisking well. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the greens are wilted, add the eggs to the pan and stir. When they are almost fully done, sprinkle the cheese over the top and continue cooking until the eggs are set.
- Serve with optional salsa and avocado!
And leftovers will keep for a couple of days in the fridge, making this a great make-ahead breakfast.
I hope you enjoy this! It’s a delicious way to start your day.
Committed to Your Health,
CEO & Chief Medical Exercise Specialist @ the Other Pain Clinic Inc
p.s. Don’t forget if you are looking to take your health & wellness to the next level, check out my FREE e-book for this month and order your copy