I have been hearing from some clients as well as a mention about ‘mindset’ in my Online Mental Health Lifestyle Challenge Group, so I decided to do a blog post about how, with more stressors, and how we may be feeling extra stressed and strangely “emotional” over the past few weeks.
For example, little things that are around us more consistently, would have normally been shrugged off, yet may seem to be causing more stress and frustration than usual.
Can you relate?
The stress of it all is adding up fast. I wanted to send out a quick email today about simple things you can do to reduce your stress!
When you focus on the things outside of your control (like what’s happening in the world outside your house over the past couple months!), you are in REACTION mode.
That is not a fun place to be. It’s like you’re waiting for the next big problem to hit, so you are always on alert.
Transitioning To Being Proactive
When you shift your focus to the things you CAN control (like your daily habits, how you treat others, your immediate surroundings and your actions, having a routine (see my last blog post)) – you move into a PROACTIVE mode — your Circle of Influence.
Staying in your “circle of influence” will help you reduce so much stress!
Now, obviously if you’re feeling seriously stressed and anxious, you should talk to a professional for some guidance.
Quick Action Plan To Help Stay Inside Your ‘Circle of Influence’
- Stressed? If you’re feeling stressed, move yourself PHYSICALLY out of your environment. Don’t sit there watching the news or staring at your devices. Go for a walk, listen to music, workout, or meditate.
- Clear Your Mind. With all of the chaos, disorder and uncertainty, more than ever you need to be still, clear your mind, and think for YOURSELF. Meditate, pray, breathe, do whatever works for you, but spend some time in silence daily in silence and breathe. (minimum of 5 minutes).
- WORKOUT. At LEAST 3-5 times a week. Enough said!
- Media Detox: There’s a big difference between being informed and over-consuming the news. Be mindful of the amount of time you’re watching it. Learn what you need, and then shut it down.
- Gratitude: First thing in the morning and last thing before bed.
- Morning Ritual: Don’t skip it. Make sure you start your day with something that sets your day up for success!
- Get INSPIRED: Read books, watch inspiring videos, call people you love … do whatever you need to do to stay in a positive state.
Remember- you can’t pour from an empty cup!
You don’t have to do any of this alone. If you need help staying on track or building these new healthy habits, I can help you to get started on the journey to be healthier as your guide.
I am here for you to help on your journey to feeling healthier. In the next 7 days, available for FREE are select parts of my COVID Self-Care Bundle.
Click here if you would like a FREE e Guide sent to you.
The e Guide is to to help you on your journey for a healthier you!
CEO & Chief Medical Exercise Specialist @ the Other Pain Clinic Inc.™