Time To Pick Your ONE Empowering Word For This Year
Happy New Year!!!
Can you believe it is 2020?! Not only do we have a brand New Year ahead of us … we have a NEW DECADE!
We’ve said goodbye to 2019, and we’re launching into 2020 with fresh energy. This is YOUR YEAR to renew or find your energy that will help you have more in your day!
That’s why I have something REALLY fun today, to help you celebrate!
Are you ready to get FOCUSED?
Here’s an amazing exercise that can set the tone for your entire YEAR … it’s truly inspiring!
- Take a few minutes (or maybe even a whole day) to think about how you really want to live this year … yes, even if you have chronic pain. You are still you. You matter.
- What word(s) describe how you want to feel in the new year? What do you want to work on … or what inspires you? What changes do you want to make?
Some possible words might come to mind as you consider all this:
And here are some additional words:
Strong – Joyful – Connected – Resilient – Brave – Renewed – Grateful – Faithful – Peaceful – Loving – Inspiring – Confident – Present
… there seriously are so many great choices!
- Your job is to pick JUST ONE WORD that resonates with you, and make it yours for the year!
It doesn’t have to be a word from the list above – this word should be unique to YOU.
It should ignite an emotion within you – inspiration, relief, clarity – because of the meaning it carries for you.
- Let this word fuel your thoughts and actions every single day.
Use it to clarify the decisions you’ll make, the actions you’ll take … and even how you view the people around you!
It’s incredible how ONE WORD can give a specific intention to everything you do. This will help you be more present and “in the moment.”
Here are a few tips:
- Look at your word first thing when you wake up in the morning, and when you go to sleep at night.
- Post it on your desk.
- Make it your screensaver (on your phone & computer!)
- Repeat it a couple times a day.
- This habit can fall by the wayside after a few days, so keep those reminders posted!
Here’s My Word: Start
Why is that my word? It is how the day begins. It is the first step to anything – new learnings, new foods, new exercises … it begins with starting, where you have to be mindfully engaged and do some planning to look at what you want to start and then get on that pathway/plan/program.
One reason this is such an effective practice is that it’s SIMPLE.
It’s JUST ONE WORD.
Once you choose your word, It would be great for you to share that with me! Just hit “reply” to this email, and let me know what your word is!
Let’s make the new year a year to remember.
Committed to your Success,
Founder & Chief Medical Exercise Specialist
PS: If you’re ready to make this year YOUR YEAR and you’re ready to create a real change in your life and make yourself a priority Follow the Other Pain Clinic Inc. so you can know when the “Reduce Your Inflammation Challenge” will be available to you (or someone you know who would appreciate it!)