So … I get this question a lot.
“Francois, why do you always talk about motivation?”
Why Motivation Is SO Important
There are a LOT of reasons why … but the biggest one is that motivation smoothes out a lot of bumps on your path towards your version of what is successful to you. And I want you to be successful in your pursuits.
Here’s the thing. Your motivation is like a muscle. And just like your physical muscles, you have to work on 1) building your motivation up and then 2) keeping it strong. There are two motivation factors to be aware of as well ….
It’s so much more fun to be EXCITED about your health & wellness than relying on sheer discipline and willpower to see you through.
Feeling motivated also means you’ll be more likely you’ll stick to your goals or program and make real, significant progress.
But … the tricky thing about motivation is that what works for you today might be different than what works for someone else … and also different than what works for you tomorrow.
Here’s How To Stay Motivated
This is why I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you surround yourself with different tools, tricks, and tactics that keep you pumped up and excited about all the changes you are making!
It’s also important that you actually USE them on a regular basis!
This can include:
- Joining a transformation program that has built in support and accountability.
- Listening to Inspiring Podcasts
- Creating a playlist that fires you up (and that you listen to DAILY)
- Reading personal growth books (at LEAST one per month) 🙂
- Watch Ted Talks, watch documentaries, and read about inspiring people.
It’s so much easier to STAY motivated than it is to re-motivate yourself over and over again.
My Challenge To You …
- Set aside a few minutes every day to work on your motivation is totally worth it!
- Having an accountability partner or coach.
- The best accountability partners “get” what you’re working for. They may even be working towards something similar, themselves!
- They challenge you to be your best, and call you out when you need it. They believe in you, and they help to keep you on-track (and vice versa) no matter what.
- It’s the same with coaches, except with a coach, they will provide you with a proven plan for success. They already know what works and doesn’t, so there’s no guesswork involved, and they can help you get the results you’re looking for FASTER.
I’ve always believed that accountability is KEY to achieving the results you want and deserve. That’s why it’s one of the key components of my 10 Simple Steps To Taking Charge of Your Chronic Pain & Mental Health program to be available next month.
If you’re ready to take it to that next level and would like to have some accountability, please contact me for more information about the 10 Simple Steps To Taking Charge of Your Chronic Pain & Mental Health program please send me an email here.
Committed to Your Success,
Founder & Chief Medical Exercise Specialist