You can thank me later for this…
It’s an insanely awesome (and easy) recipe that’s perfect for your own holiday parties, or to bring with you to a potluck.
Your Guests Will Love This Meatball Recipe
These meatballs are healthy, but no one eating them would ever know!
They’re a little tangy, a little sweet, and packed with a lot of protein and deliciousness.
You can even make them a couple days in advance and then reheat them when it’s time to eat.
If you’re feeding a crowd, double up on the ingredients and let them simmer in a slow cooker when it’s party time.
Pineapple BBQ Meatballs
(serves 4-6 people … makes 16 meatballs)
What You Need –
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb. (450g) ground turkey or chicken
- ¼ cup (24g) almond flour or ground oats
- 1 tsp (5g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (1g) onion powder
- 1 tsp (8g) kosher sea salt
- ⅛ tsp (.5g) pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 8-ounce (225g) can crushed pineapple
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) (224 g) your favorite low-sugar BBQ sauce
- ¾ cup (175ml) chicken or turkey broth
Putting It Together –
First make the sauce:
- In a large skillet, combine all three sauce ingredients (pineapple, BBQ sauce, broth)
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat
- Lower the heat slightly and allow to cook while you prepare the meatballs
Next up, make the meatballs:
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (175ºC)
- Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper to prevent sticking
- Combine the meatball ingredients and mix well. Use a tablespoon to scoop meat out and form 16 golf-ball sized meatballs. Place on baking sheet.
Bake for 14-16 minutes, until they are cooked through. Remove the oven and add to the sauce. Stir to coat.
You can eat them immediately, or store covered in the fridge for two days before serving.
Founder & Chief Medical Exercise Specialist
P.S. Subscribe to this blog post, share this blog post and stay up-to-date for the upcoming New Year transformation program called “On Becoming Healthier In 10 Simple Ways”