Are you still recovering from this past Valentine’s Day with the various ways that you have had sugar? Well, I have something that may just help you out … and yes it is in a dessert!
Who does not like having dessert?!?!?!?! 🙂
Aside from some of the nutrition and lifestyle recommendations made in the previous blog post, here is a quick and simple blood-sugar stabilizing DESSERT recipe just for you.
Blood Sugar Balancing Recipe: Cinnamon Apples
This recipe is good for 4 servings
What You Need –
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Putting It Together –
- Place chopped apples into a small saucepan with 2 tbsp water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- After about 5 minutes the apples will become slightly soft, and water will be absorbed.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Stir apples and oil together.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Add cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Cook for another few minutes, stirring until the apples reach your desired softness!
Serve and enjoy!
Founder & Chief Medical Exercise Specialist
p.s. Keeping the peel on increases the fiber, which is even better for stabilizing your blood sugar.