While living with chronic pain, your love of green juice, salads, and roasted salmon, may not be at the top of your favourite food list. Maybe you still find yourself reaching for pre-packaged snack foods to hold you over between meals or for your meals? It’s ok – you’re only human, with taste buds!
However, your snack choices may be doing more harm than good, even if you buy the healthiest sounding ones. What I have for you is a recipe for Baked Kale “Chips” that’ll show you just how easy it can be to create tasty, whole food snacks! This will help to leave the bagged snacks on the store shelf!
We know you’ve probably seen numerous recipes for kale chips – but have you actually tried them? They’re incredibly easy to make and even yummier to inhale all in one sitting 😉
Oven-Baked Kale “Chips”
What You Need –
- 1 large bunch kale, washed and thoroughly dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil OR avocado oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
Putting It Together –
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove stems from kale leaves and discard. Tear remaining kale leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss kale leaves with oil and sea salt. Spread on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake till edges begin to crisp, about 15-20 minutes. Watch closely so as to not let the “chips” burn!
- Serve warm right from the oven.